Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Exercise 22

eBooks

I have finally got ADSL2+ at home and do you realise the difference it makes! I can now fly along with searching on the internet and discovering the joys of Youtube, eBooks, etc. At work, our workroom PCs are so very very slow, that it was difficult, and at home, had dial-up. So I feel that I have had to work twice as hard as most people!

I looked and listened to books at the World eBook (Gutenberg's Audio eBook Collection) and Historical Childrens eBookseMovie site. With eBooks, you actually download a chapter at a time and it is very similar to using a CD audio book. Having a MP3 player would be great as you could take it anywhere with you.

Found a sight about free eBooks which has many classics of literature in twenty five categories, including adventure, crime mystery, science fiction, fantasy, westerns, thrillers, martial arts, spy stories, historical and humour. Also a few non-fiction items. All have MP3 files. However, only files playing at 8Kb/sec are free. I listened to part of Romeo and Juliet by Charles and Mary Lamb which is the famous Shakespearian play retold for children. It lasts for 45 minutes and I found the quality of the sound was excellent.

http:// www.audiobooksforfree.com




No comments: