Thursday, November 22, 2007

Exercise 19

Web 2.0 Tools

Have had a fairly good look at a few of these tools and thought that I would like to try a 'book' tool. Have already looked at LibraryThing and that site didn't have very much Australian content. Thought that I would try Reader2, but that also didn't have Australian content. I am now over books and decided to have a little fun (and don't forget, I am in the older group of the work force and do not feel inclined to go to Face Book or such like)!!!!!!

Anyway, looked at the Fun Stuff and didn't find anything I wanted to try, so looked under the Games title and found Guess-the-google, the image guesing game. And yes, this is my sort of game! If you have ever had to search for an image on a certain topic on Google Image, you are aware of what images are displayed for a certain keyword. This game deals in completely opposite way. Twenty images are displayed and you have to guess the keyword. Well, did I have fun. While I was playing this game, another person with the same name was playing and in the end, I think we were trying to see who could get the highest points.

In each game, you have 10 individual subgames and for each correct guess, you receive 20 points. You have twenty seconds for each subgame. If you guess the correct keyword quickly, you achieve bonus points which are the number of seconds left. My highest score was 347 but some dude named Derrick got 379 (he must be an over-achiever!).

However, the disappointing part of the entire game was that if you guessed incorrectly, it would only tell you the first letter of the correct keyword and you really didn't get time to find out the correct answer. But I will go back and have more fun on Guess-the-google.

I must now continue with the other exercises so that I can finish Learning 2.0.

No comments: