Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Exercise 18

Online productivity

I have signed up for Zoho Writer and hope to post this straight to my blog.

I mainly use Microsoft Word & Publisher for my day to day work and personal life. Last night I was at a Corel Down Under meeting and someone was discussing whether I should try 'Ventura"' which is a Corel software. I was saying I had some difficulty with my latest Dibble and Hoe Cottage Gardeners Inc. newsletter, which I have used Microsfot Publisher. I have been using Publisher for about six years and think I know a fair bit about how to use it. I thought that I had completed the 20 pages and saved it correctly. Then I printed it to CutePDF Writer to form a PDF file to email to the members. After I emailed the newsletter, had a member email me back to say that the PDF was unreadable. When I went back and looked at the PDF newsletter, in fact, it hadn't been written correctly for some reason. This other lady said the Publisher is very unreliable and Ventura is better. Well, I will have to have a look at Ventura and I am sure that there are many programs for publishing newsletters.

Hence, after that long explaination, I am ready to try Zoho Writer, even though I now have to stop and think, instead of just typing automatically like I do with Word and Publisher. smile. Now I have learnt how to change colours. Pretty, colourful, and easy.

♥ Just inserting a symbol because I can!.

Now to try to get this onto my blog
undecided



No comments: